Thursday, July 20, 2006

Week 13 Thursday - Morning leg cramp

Activities/Actions:
  • Rest day ... again..
  • No need to mention about biking to lab

Stat:

Course condition:

How I felt:
(the 5-point scale)
  • Physically 4
  • Mentally 4
  • About my nutrition 3
  • About my sleep 3


How hard did I work? n/a
(the 10-point scale)

Note and reflections:
It was about 6:30 in the morning. Being in a half-awake-half-sleep state, I stretched my right leg out, and a painful leg cramp hurt me so much that I YELLED (very loud, I believe). Hey, my eyes still closed, though, (I am an expert on this). I was trying to change my position to reduce the pain.... Then, the pain went away so I went back to a deep sleep again.... That cramp still leaves a sore calf, which feels firm. It is not that bad, but it is a bit annoying. This annoying calf in a junction with a long lab meeting this evening results in another rest day. Three rest days makes this week usual.

Back to the leg cramp. I think that it is a result from a bit dehydration yesterday and possibly a late night (I was watching a Thai political TV talk). I hope that this will go away tomorrow morning. I thought that I stretched enought last night. I am pretty sure..dehydration was the cause... Hmmm.. I need to watch out for hydration; no slacking off anymore. Though it might be just a result from changing a position of my feet/toes, I blame dehydration.

By the way, a discussion today pushed my lunch to around 4:30p....

More about cramps?
http://www.medicinenet.com/muscle_cramps/article.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment