Sunday, October 01, 2006

Week 23 2006 Chicago Half Marathon

Activities/Actions:
Ran my second half marathon race;
following by: work and a movie...

Stat:


For the detailed result,
click here! (181th place for my age group and 1267th place over-all)

Course condition: Good!

How I felt:
(the 5-point scale)
Physically 4
Mentally 5
About my nutrition 4
About my sleep 2


How hard did I work? 8
(the 10-point scale)

Note and reflections:

This morning's bright sky and cool breeze made it nice for a run, a race, my second half marathon race. Before all of my running races, I usually did not do much sleep (hence, it is 2 out of 10, above). Slowly moving out from the start line about 8 minutes after the gun was fired, I pushed myself through the crowd along the course. My pace was pretty stable with a little push for the first 4-5 miles; I was really enjoying the run... Until a bit after the mile 10, I felt a bit uncomfortable at my right knee; I kept pace steady and pushed through the noise of cheering crowd both sides of Lakeshore Drive. For the last couple hundred meters, adrenaline rushes through my legs as I was speeding up to make my second "13.1 mile" triumph!

After the race, I met with my friends who finished their half this morning as well--Josh, Kevin, P'Lek. For P'Lek, this was his first half, and he had been on and off on training with me. Good job, P' Lek! Thank Lingling, Tunghung, Junloey and Dave for their support. Especially, many thanks to them for joining my run during the training too!

And, yeah, I set my personal record!


Photos:
(some photos, those actions on the race, are from Brightroom)

Startline! Go!


GO! GO! GO!


Looking good, runners!


Yeah, it's me pumping up!


Yeah, it's me pumping up!


Yeah, it's me pumping up!


the few first miles!


Bagpipers setting a tune for us!


Almost there!! Pushing up!

I am a finisher!

P'Lek and I


Another one!




Josh and I after the race


Lingling show up for the support.. :)


Junleoy and I


Tung-hung!! Yeahh!


Where am I looking at, Tung-hong?


Dave!


P'Lek, Kevin and I


My bib number!

Course map!



Detailed result...

No comments:

Post a Comment