Monday, July 03, 2006

Week 11 Monday

Activities/Actions:
  • (Stretch and Strength are on schedule)
  • Squash with P' Tee and P' Lek
  • Stretched
  • Biked to downtown to see Firework

Stat:

Course condition:

How I felt:
(the 5-point scale)
  • Physically 5
  • Mentally 5
  • About my nutrition 4
  • About my sleep 4


How hard did I work? 5 for both squash and biking
(the 10-point scale)

Note and reflections:
After the squash game in the evening, I am planing to see the Independent Day Firework show at the Point with P' Tee, Por and Lek. Just right after that, Kimmy calls and wants me to be in downtown with her. Kimmy, her Mom and grandma have already been there. I just cannot resist to say no even though I can see that it will be very crowded over there. Luckily, Ying wants to bike to downtown too so we leave Hyde Park around 9p. The lakefront bike path is crowded as expected. Many people come out to waiting to see Firework. Though this does not cause much delay, the path becomes busier when we get near downtown. We get there just a minute before the firework starts. The firework is wonderful accompanied with live music. I try to find Kimmy but no luck because the place that they would be is so packed. Right after the 30 min display, Ying and I hurry to find out way back. Luckily, we get into the less crowded path in the Grant Park area (but still ocean of people). When we squezz ourselves out from the area, we have the path to ourselves -- no serious congestion for the rest of our smooth ride home (but only two little interuptions at the 31st street beach and the Point); On the Lakeshore Drive many cars line up in the traffic. When I get home, I call Kimmy; they are still stuck in the Park (I called her at the park too but her mom's phone did not work). It takes Ying and I around 30 mins to come back home. Biking is great!

Happy the 23oth Birthday, the US!

PS. if the pictures of firework come out fine, I will post them up.

No comments:

Post a Comment