Friday, July 07, 2006

Week 11 Friday

Activities/Actions:

Stat:
Started 7:25p; ~15 mins.
Course condition:

How I felt:
(the 5-point scale)
  • Physically 5
  • Mentally 4
  • About my nutrition 4
  • About my sleep 2


How hard did I work? 7
(the 10-point scale)

Note and reflections:
Think about what make me return to running two years ago, I recall one of the reasons. Then, I had gained many pounds during the first two years of my graduate career. At the end of the second year makes me realized that I could not let this continue and had to do more exercises. Since I celebrated my 25th Birthday, I noticed the change in my metabolic ability. It has reduced. It used to be that not much weight gained regardless of how much I consumed. Not only I saw the change, but also did my grandma, and her remark had me think about it more seriously. At that time, it had been two years since the last time she saw me. She said that I looked older and heavier. It is true that more pounds on my waist line, older I look. Since then, I've returned to running not just for the look but, importantly, for the health. This is only a reason.

Below is excerpt from Lance's book (I think it will be an interesting book to read) that I come across accidentally by browsing book stack in the library today. I am not sure how this relates to anything I write above, but it makes me think of something....

"... Good, strong people get cancer, and they do all the right things to beat it, and they still die. That is the essential truth that you learn. People die. And after you learn it, all other matters seem irrelevant. They just seem small."
Lance Armstrong. It's not about the bike: My journey back to Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment