Sunday, July 02, 2006

Week 10 Sunday - 13m Long Run

Activities/Actions:

Stat:
Started 6:45p; ~ 2 hours and 10 mins

Course condition: cloudy but the temperature is good.

How I felt:
(the 5-point scale)
  • Physically 5
  • Mentally 5
  • About my nutrition 3
  • About my sleep 3


How hard did I work? 7
(the 10-point scale)

Note and reflections:
Though it is 10 miles on schedule, I say to myself how about going to Museum Campus and come back?. This should be around 10 miles. Then, I run out of the apartment. It has been a long time since I did my last long run, plus I just biked my butt off yesterday. Passing the first mile post, I realize that I do not have any money or a CTA card. Hmmm... This means I have to run or walk back. Oh well, I can do it. So by the time I realized that I will do more than 10 miles when I pass the 5th mile post. I know then that there is at least a mile before I turn back. Do it man!! Yes, I am pretty tired, but it feel good. There are many people gathering to celebrate the long weekend. About the 39th street there are a group of five kids running along with me with their laughter. They want to pass me but then stop... I encourage them to go on, but no one does, except their laugther echoing in my head. It is a good long run.

Looking ahead for next week schedule, I see that there is a 15-k race on Sunday. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment