Tuesday, February 10, 2009

HuShih Park Revisited

Activities/Actions:
  • Ran up HuShih Park with Meng-Shin
  • Fell down on the right wrist (but it was OK)
  • Strength training and stretch

Stat & Course condition:

Date: 02/10/2009
Start Time:
17:24:00
End Time:
17:54:00
Time Taken:
00:29:28
Route:
Hushi Park Revisited
Total Distance:
1.71 mi.
Burned:
144 (kcal)
Pace: 17:13 (avg)
Speed:
3.48 (mi/hr) (avg)
(first route downloaded from Garmin Forerunner)

How I felt:
(the 5-point scale)
Physically 4
Mentally 5
About my nutrition 3
About my sleep 4


How hard did I work? 5
(the 10-point scale)

Note and reflections:
I retraced my previous run on HuShih Park [After Marathon: Recovery Week 1] and used GPS device to record the distance. However, this is the first run for Meng-Shin and she was surprised on the hilly climb. Nonetheless, she was sportive and finished the run and continued on our jogging back to Tai Chi Statue. The temperature and weather were very fine for the run as the sun was moving down behind the ridge. I fell down on my right wrist because of a slippery slope near the temple on the way down from the mountain, but the wrist was fine. I went to Gym after the run to do some stretch and strength training. So, Meng-Shin did a good run this evening about two miles.

The route climbs up ~8-10% after the first kilometer and before the 1.3 kilometer. After that, it descends down ~17% for 0.3 kilometer. The GPS map from Garmin is relatively OK and accurate to certain extant when downloaded to maps.google.

I started to feel pain near the inner side of the right knee since Monday, so I decided to run slowly for this week and to spend most of the time in the Gym more.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for the compliment, although I "walked" most of the time...
    I did notice that after the hiking, the running was easier than usual! That's surprising...

    ReplyDelete
  2. After 2 weeks of running, by myself, with YH and with Ay couple of times, I found myself gain more strength in running. Now I can finish 2 miles around 25 minutes! (was 27-30 minutes before) Although the last half a mile is still very hard for me to keep the speed due to the knee issue. A special thank to Ay who ran as my pace all the time, he makes my runs have more fun! It's very helpful to have someone encourage me while running.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As an evolutionist, I agree most of the part but not the first sentence... hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehehe... After a discussion, I agree that the sentence has to be rewritten for a clarity. Thank you, Meng-shin. :D Now, it reads:

    ----

    Ahh, Meng-shin.. Along the lineage leading to human, we evolved to run. Yes, a training will help you run at a comfortable pace and also add miles in your mileage bank. :D

    Some say that hill training/running is a good way to improve various aspects of one's running (e.g., running strength, power, speed and mental condition). Now, your statement supports this. :D

    ReplyDelete