Saturday, January 17, 2009

After Marathon: Recovery Week 1

Activities/Actions:
Week 1 of Recovery schedule


(only for Saturday course)
Course condition:
Date: 01/17/2009
Start Time:
16:48:00
End Time:
17:29:00
Time Taken:
00:41:09
Route:
HuShi Park and beyound
Total Distance:
3.50 mi.
Burned:
401 (kcal)
Laps:
1
Pace: 11:45 (avg)
Speed:
5.1 (mi/hr) (avg)


How I felt:

(the 5-point scale)
Physically 4
Mentally 4
About my nutrition 4
About my sleep 3


How hard did I work?
(the 10-point scale) 5

Note and reflections:
Decided to follow 4-week recovery program with Hal Higdon (2 weeks delayed.. eieiei), I planed to follow it closely. I did two runs on treadmill inside but the other two runs outside. The TM runs were usual and followed by a set of strength training. For the last two outside runs, Thursday run on Tai Chi statue route, while Saturday run was on a new route.

I ran alone up HuShi Park, where graves of many former Academicians, including Professor Hu, were elected. The path is relatively well marked and taken care of for the first kilometer or so (only 250 meters in the park at 1-2% climb), while the next 1 kilometer section ascents up into the hill and is not well marked at all. The trees are covered my head making it relatively cool; however, I ran up 6-8% climb, making my body relatively warm. The sun was getting down on the West ridge on the other side of the river. I could not see Taipei 101, though. I was hearing students playing sport below in the field of JuZhuang Elementary School. Leaving the voices behind, I climbed up to the first peak of the hill, where a tower of electricity line was located. I ran pass this tower following the less well paved path up to the second peak; After this point on the path descends sharply (9-11%) on an unmaintained path (just dirt).

At this point where I only can hear the sound of cars on the highway nearby, I felt that I should have brought a cellphone with me... I continued running down seeing a gate of probably a temple. where on the left side of the gate is a path leading to a house or something. I continued running towards that place, and it is really a temple but no one else was there at all. Now, I came out to a civilization again. Wheeew... Good for me. I continued running down from the hill among the temple buildings and came down to Academia Rd. Section 2. From now on, I knew where I was and continued my way along my well-known-along-the-river route. I followed that route to compete ~ 5.6 kilometers at Tai Chi statue, which totaled to 41 minutes.

This was a good Saturday run on "the Road Not Taken." [วิ่งไม่หยุด: Week 1. Thursday]

No comments:

Post a Comment