Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Week 1. Wednesday

April 26, 2006
Activities/Actions:

  • Biked to lab
  • Ran with Wayne through our 5-mile path. It was a nice day for a run, a bit chilly, but no wind, which made it great!
  • Weights & Stretching: 30 mins
  • Hydration: It is good today; I was well hydrated with almost 2 liters of fluid.

Stat:
Started around ~6:15PM
5 miles, 42:00 mins (8:24/mile)

Course condition: ~60F; nice clear sky. A little bit chilly, but not bad at all.

How I felt:
(the 5-point scale)
  • Physically 5
  • Mentally 4
  • About my nutrition 3
  • About my sleep 4


How hard did I work? 6
(the 10-point scale)

Note and reflections:
Starting the day with Thailand political news, I felt that the day went fast. A nice Journal Club pushed my lunch back a bit, and a new reading topic kept my mind away from refilling my bowl this afternoon. By the time I went out for a run, I did not think that I had enough food. While cruising through the returning trip, I was a bit hungry. So, I put 3 on my nutrition today. :) Though, after all exercises, I came back and filled my empty stomach right away.

On the returning trip, I encountered a small incident. While I was passing a baby stroller that blocked the way in front of me, a loud scream broke out which made hair on the back of my head stand. I turned back (but did not stop) and apologized to the mother who was pushing the stroller. A screaming child was probably suffered from metal illness. I felt sorry but had to keep on running. I believe that this is a way of life that you cannot always change things. Sometimes, we need to let them pass. I think that we, human, have evolved to run--both run into and run away. So ability to run is within us. We just need to train our body and mind for it.

Another incident was for Wayne; he had a Wednesday milk shake incident. Probably, it upset his stomach...

My sleep was fine; it could be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment