Monday, April 24, 2006

Week 1. Monday

April 24, 2006

Activities/Actions:

  • Biked to lab. Ran with Wayne on our usual 5 mile trail to lakefront. Let Wayne set the pace.
  • Weights & Stretching: ~45 mins.
  • Hydration: I was supposed to drink ~ 11 cups today. It seemed to me that I did not meet this goal. Though, the night has not ended yet. :)

Stat:
Running at 6:30 pm
5.50 miles, 50:00 mins (9:05/mile)

Course condition: 65F; nice clear sky with some small wind guts. A perfect day for a run!

How I felt:
(the 5-point scale)
  • Physically 5
  • Mentally 5
  • About my nutrition 4
  • About my sleep 3


How hard did I work? 4
(the 10-point scale)

Note and reflections:

This week will be a nice and easy week for a run before a coming race this weekend--Crazylegs Classic. Today I forgot to drink some water before the run, but I tried to sip some along the course. Wayne and I almost got a full stride from the start to the end. As usual, I felt good during and after the run. I was free for an hour after a little productivity in the lab. Good or bad? Though, I came back with energies to do more work at night. I will try to get a better sleep than last night. Though I did not want to get up when I first awaked around 8a, I believe that I got a fairly good sleep. After awaked, I moved back and forth between the bed and my computer (checking emails) for several times for about an hour.

A word for tomorrow: "Hydration!"

No comments:

Post a Comment