Thursday, December 25, 2008

a clean bike and the first ride after the race

Activities/Actions:
  • Dinner with Bernhard, Yun-Huei, Pierre and Chung-Hwa at Chang-An Dong Lu.
  • Nangang MRT opened its first day door.
  • Clean bike & first ride

Note and reflections:
Yun-Huei took me to get the bike from the shop, and I found that the bike was not ready then (I guess because I told them that I would pick it up on tomorrow). The shopkeeper did some quick check up and handed the bike to me for NT$1,200 (800 for cleaning and 4*100 for cables). I biked to Nangang MRT station that opened its door for service om its first day. Yun-Huei and I took MRT to ZhongShan Station, waiting for P' Hard and his friend, Pierre, for about 30 mins or so. Ching-Hwa already arrived just a minute after us.

After everyone showed up we walked to Chang-An East Rd. for our dinner at one of 快炒 restaurants; this 快炒 was pretty good, so we there until around 11:30p. Ching-Hwa came back to Taipei for a visit, while Pierre is a student in TIGP program for 4 months. Pierre remarked that he had been drinking in Taipei for the past two night more than he has done for the 4 month earlier. P'Hard and Pierre tried to convince Yun-Huei and I to a club with them but we decided not to go. So, Yun-Huei and I continued our way back to Nangang where I then biked back to lab for a quick errand before heading home.

The bike was well cleaned, but there was a bit of problem with the chain. It falls off the cassette when the lowest gear was in used. This needs to be fixed. Gears, breaks, handles and most parts had been adjusted. One thing I found was that the saddle was not clean well. I still saw some dirt on it! But the important thing was that the joints and chains were well lubricated and clean.

The first ride after the race was fine. I am back to normal!



Photos:

Clean chain...


An old bike in a new clean look. :D


Nangang MRT Station opens its door for the first day.


A drawing inside the station.


A dinner on X'Mas Day.
(credit: Bernhard)


With Bernhard (P'Hard), Pierre, Ching-Hwa, and Yun-Huei.
(credit: Bernhard)

No comments:

Post a Comment