Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Legs after the race

Activities/Actions:
Rest...

Note and reflections:
Week 0 Day 1 (12/22/08)
After a good night sleep, I got up relatively early this morning and put some muscle cream on after a shower. Walking to a bus stop was fine with a little difficulty of walking downstairs on a skybridge as well as walking off the bus. Overall, the walk seems to be in a bit stiff manner. Similarly, Yu-Hsiang and Wayne also mentioned that their legs were stiff, but they both were alright. I still avoided walking downstairs. I even used an elevator to go down from the second floor after a lunch with Dieter & Co. in a restaurant where IIS's Wei-Ya will be held. JJ said that my condition was much better than his after his first marathon. I told him that we had to see in the next couple days.

Week 0 Day 2 (12/23/08)
Today's walk was much better than yesterday's. I could walk downstairs a bit easier but still had some signs of uncomfortableness. I took a bus to the office for the second day, and I also took down the course map posted behind the desk. At night, I did a walk from KunYang back home because I took the last 212 bus at 12:20AM after a chat with Yun-Huei and Bernhard (a.k.a. P'Hard) at P'Hard's dorm. Luckily, I met a girl who was alone waiting at the bus stop and assured me that a bus would come, but she soon left with a taxi. Later, a guy came and got on the same bus as me and told me the schedule of this 212 bus after 10:30PM and the last bus is at 12:20AM.

Week 0 Day 3 (12/24/08)
My legs were in a good shape today. The walking was fine downstairs as well as I could run a bit in the office. :D (I showed my short running to Li-Ching when he asked about my race). I went to Gym in the evening for some stretching. At dinner, Yu-Hsiang, Yun-Huei, JJ and I wanted to eat at Sha-bu Sha-bu place but it had a long waiting line, so we decided to go to a vegetarian place. Its steak was pretty good. I came back home with the last 212 bus at 12:20AM again and this time Allen (the guy from yesterday night) came and we had a chat again. My legs are in a very good shape now.

So, the recovery has been well along what Hal Higdon describes on his Week 0. Good. I should start running soon. Or, well, I should wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment