Wednesday, December 10, 2008

15.6 mile (25.1 kilometer) Wednesday

Celebrating the 200th mile on Brooks Defyance

Activities/Actions:

A long run: 15.6 miles

Stat:

The half (13.1 miles) time was under 1 hour 45 minutes.

Long Run: 15 miles

Date: 12/10/2008
Start Time: 17:58:00
End Time: 20:03:00
Time Taken: 02:05:16
Route: 1m in Sinica (Tai Chi Route)
Total Distance: 15.60 mi.
Laps: 15
Burned: 1,696 (kcal)
Laps: 15
Pace: 08:01 (avg)
Speed: 7.47 (mi/hr) (avg)


Gear Summary

Shoes: Brooks - Defyance (total: 201.72 mi.)

Stopped for drinks at the laps 3, 6, 8, 11, 13 for the total of ~9 minutes.



Course condition:
The day had been warm and nice, but I started when the sun was going down. The moon was brightly shining in the clear, cloudless sky. The wind was calm for the first 10 laps but picking up for the last five. Changed direction of the run for the last two laps, which ran at a slow pace.

How I felt:
(the 5-point scale)
Physically 4
Mentally 5
About my nutrition 4.5
About my sleep 4


How hard did I work? 8.5
(the 10-point scale)

Note and reflections:
This was the longest run of the training. As the number of lap is increasing, the sun has long gone and the moon shows her brightest ray, my body is soaking up with sweat and my figures are getting cold even though a pair of open finger gloves is worn [I guess, open finger gloves would help?!?]. The last two laps are tired (I guess that I need food), but I feel very good after the run. Taking a break for about 45 minutes, I later biked home to get my prescription (eye drops) and food and back to lab to conclude a 1-hour errand.

Note: The batteries for the front light of my bike were replaced on the 9th because they were running out of power completely. Tuesday run was canceled because of a flu shot.

The 3-year old gloves [Harbinger 155] are still working well, bought just before 2006 New Year Road Trip to Mammoth Cave with Kou, Rina, Yeong-shin and YS's friend.

2 comments: