Friday, February 20, 2009

a resting week

Activities/Actions & Note/reflections:
Well, the week of slow runs did not heal the pain [วิ่งไม่หยุด: a week of slow runs], I decided to take a rest and do therapy. For the whole week I did some strength training and 10-minute stationary rowing. On Tuesday Meng-Shin brought me a polyfoam bag for my cold therapy [วิ่งไม่หยุด: Frozen pea bag - cold therapy for Runner's knee], but it has to be returned on Friday. I felt much better on Thursday, so I decided to start a slow run on Saturday (or a long bike ride) if the weather is nice.

After a used shoes test, my right and left feet is not"excessive pronated." The test was performed by placing NB 476 (my most used running shoes) on a table, with its toes pointing away from me. After squatted down to eye level, I found that the shoes does not tilt inwards. In addition, after examined its outer sole, extreme wear and tear along the balls of my right foot was not observed, but the wear and tear at the ball of both feet was not "extreme." Thus, I believe that I am NOT "excessive pronated." The wet foot test also confirmed that I have neutral feet.

(tests followed http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-pronation.htm)


A light-green Nalgene bottle: I got this bottle more than a year ago, but I just started to used it this week. :D

Photos:
A light green Nalgene bottle born in USA, adopted in USA, residing in Taiwan and speaking three languages.

No comments:

Post a Comment